More great news for Alex McKinnon with the NRL continuing to support and stand by him. Wishing him all the best for his recovery.
Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/the-nrl-has-offered-alex-mckinnon-a-job-for-life-as-he-continues-to-recover-from-spinal-injuries/story-e6frf3su-1226900194659
People with Disability Australia are holding an election and Disability Q&A this Friday 30 August. If you are free this is a great chance to make your voice heard. Please share with friends and family and RSVP if you are able to attend. There is a also a webcast, but you need to register in advance. You can read the original email here: http://ymlp.com/zE8QxM or below:
People with Disability Australia invites you to attend our 2013 Election Platform launch and Disability Q&A withTim Ferguson and special guest panellists Senator Mitch Fifield, Senator Rachel Siewert and Senator the Hon Jan McLucas.
You, your friends, family and colleagues are all welcometo this event. Let’s ensure the voices of people with disabilityare strongly represented during this election period and into the future. Follow the conversation on twitter using hashtag #pwdaqanda
On the Panel
- Senator Mitch Fifield – Shadow Minister forDisabilities, Carers and the Voluntary Sector and Manager of Opposition Business in the Senate
- Senator Rachel Siewert – The Australian Greens Spokesperson for Family Community and DisabilityServices
- Senator the Hon Jan McLucas – Senator for Queensland, Minister for Human Services
- Joan Hume – Founding and Life Member of Peoplewith Disability Australia; Former Director of PWD; Director of Spinal Cord Injuries Australia and recipient of the Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for services to people with disability
- Sam Connor – Member of People with DisabilityAustralia; Member of NDIS Expert Committee on Workforce Development and Sector Capacity; and Member of the Ministerial Advisory Council onDisability WA
- Craig Wallace – President of People With DisabilityAustralia; Deputy Community Co-chair of the NDIS Expert Committee in the ACT; Member of the Leaders for Tomorrow Advisory Group; occasional opinion editorial commentator for ABC Ramp Up and recipient of the Centenary Medal for Services toPeople with a Disability
Please ensure you RSVP as soon as possible as there are limited places.
At this Q and A – you ask the questions! Please submit your question when you RSVP.
RSVP: Pete Darby, Projects Liaison Officer
Please advise of any access requirements
(Auslan interpreters etc) or dietary requirements.
RSVP: Wednesday 28 August 2013
Where: Mercure Hotel, 818-820 George Street
Haymarket Sydney NSW
When: 5.30pm for a 6pm start – Friday 30 August 2013
The event will be followed by light refreshments.